2018 Goals and Resolutions
Wow, I can't believe 2017 is over! WHAT. A. YEAR.
I blogged, I started a new business, and made so many new blogging friends. We visited 23 states (thanks to the cross country road trip!), 8 countries (thanks to our exhaustation of a honeymoon), 1 amazing wedding to my best friend, and 1 cross country move. THANK GOD that was it - because I don't think I could have handled any more.
Now we're into 2018. A year of a whole lot of new, even just a few days into it. A new city, a new home, a new job. I officially have a new name. I'm ready for a fresh start and a whole lot of consistencies. Here are my goals for 2018!
- Visit a new country. I'm really hoping we can go to Nairobi, Kenya and visit the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, where Z had adopted an orphan elephant for me. In reality, my new country will probably be Canada as we deal with the reality of living in the most expensive city in the country.
- Visit a new state. Another one of my yearly goals for every year. I'm thinking Washington or Oregon will be an easy one to notch off this list, and Z is hoping to visit Idaho and/or the Badlands. It should be noted that I'm trying to see all 50 states by the time I'm 30 (two years!) and I'm a little over halfway there, which means it's time to get cracking!
- Focus on blogging. but only if it makes me happy. My blog has totally taken the backburner, between the wedding, the honeymoon and now the move. I have so much content to share with you, and so many outfits I want to shoot, but in my own time and when I am feeling inspired. In the same umbrella, I want to make some dope collaborations with photographers, designers and retailers, and travel companies.
- Read More. in 2016 I read nearly 60 books. In 2017 I don't think I finished 5. In 2018, I'd like to read at least 50! Any good recommendations? Keep up with my challenge by following me on GoodReads here.
- Make friends. In a new city as a married adult it can be hard to make new friends. I'm going to utilize BumbleBFF and events to make quality friendships to get me by in my life! And likely go a bit out of my comfort zone along the way.
- Be Money Smart. Living in the most expensive city in the country is wholly terrifying. Especially when you still own a home across the country. With all of the cash flow that comes with being a "hustler" it's going to be extra important to be smart with my money this year. I'm banking on a lot of money blogs and podcasts - do you have any favorites?
- Grow my Following. This is something I haven't really worked on the past year; I've been pretty stagnant for a while with my followers and readership and I'd like to change that in the coming year. Ideally, I'd love over 10K on Instagram (that swipe up feature tho), 1,000 likes on Facebook, and overall more views and comments on the blog. I'd also like to better utilize Pinterest; I've always saved Pins on how to be better at it and 2018 will be the year of DOING!
- Go on dates. I don't want to fall into a trap of a boring married life; I want to ensure Z and I go on dates, take time to appreciate each other, and respect each other. I hear the first year of marriage can be the hardest, but I'm out to ensure it's just the start of the BEST. We've already stocked up on a few SF experiences we received as holiday gifts and are excited to use them as a way to explore our new city together.
- Buy FRESH. When I lived in the city I always loved the on-the-go lifestyle; deciding what I wanted on the way home, a sparsely stocked fridge, etc. Now that we're back in the heart of the city (literally, bodegas err'where) I want to get into the habit of picking up fresh produce to immediately use, instead of a one-stop grocery stock up in which half of our purchases go bad, unused. I'm excited to cut down on our waste this way, and also to hopefully get more creative with my cooking with it. This also goes for flowers, btw, and I will surely be stocking up on bodega flowers at least once a week.
What are your goals for 2018? How do you plan to reach them?