Monthly Musings Vol. 8
Welcome to December! I cannot believe we're here! This year has been flying by (I feel like I say that monthly). November was a fast month, full of family for the holidays, shopping for December's holidays, so much food, and so many great friends! I said Yes to "The Dress" this month, which is a big weight off my shoulders in the way of wedding planning, and started ticking even more off of our wedding planning checklist.
As we gear up for December I am full of excitement. Z's birthday is just around the corner, with mine following after that. There's holiday parties galore and I'm so excited to get into the festive spirit and have some good excuses to get all dressed up! And the most exciting part? We're going to be heading to spend Christmas with Santa in the North Pole! Actually! well, basically...we're headed off to Reykjavik and exploring Iceland. The Northern Lights on Christmas has me giddy with excitement!
On to my favorite reads of the month!
- PSA: BEYONCE HAS A LINE OF HOLIDAY GEAR. gimmegimmegimme!!!!
- Dictionary.com announced their Word of The Year and it is oh so appropo.
- Beat the burnout from holiday overload with these simple tips from Apartment Therapy.
- Style over fashion. And here's how you become the master of your lewk.
- I just can't stop LOLing over these animal names!
- I got the new iPhone and never once question the lack of a headphone jack. Going wireless makes it easy to get up from my desk without the possibility of accidentally dropping my phone. Refinery29 rounded up a great selection of wireless headphones...I'm looking at those rose gold Caeden's.
- White bishes love rose everything, rosé wine, rose gold...and now rose gold hair? def considering trying it for the summer circuit!
- I, like, every other woman who grew up in Stars Hollow, spent the end of the month watching A Year in The Life. There's been so many recaps, but I love Nylon's advice for budding journalists.
- doing some holiday shopping on a budget? There's sooo so many gift guides out there but I'm specifically loving everything on this list!
- DC babes, we're getting an SJP store that Carrie Bradshaw would approve of! though, tbh, IDK how I feel about it being in a casino....
- The end of the year can tend to herald a need to try something new or to switch jobs. The Every Girl has you covered with how to look for a new job while you still have one.
wishlisting: (1) this dress looks like a Valentino dream, but for a fraction of the price. (2) Nike's with a rose gold accent? yes please! (3) forever wishing I could wear For Love and Lemons outside the bedroom. (4) Feel like your very own VS angel in these dreamy pajamas. (5) Dear Holiday Parties, you need this dress, don't you? those sleeves! idie.
Want to keep up with me on my holiday travels?