Bloggers are fans of wishlists, this I know. With the holidays just around the corner, I wanted to do a series of wishlists, all non-apparel. This week is the first, and I'm going to discuss the best books in the business for anyone in your life interested in fashion! Many of these I already own, and are ones I highly recommend. The 3 I do not own are on my own wishlist, as I've heard great review!1: The Boss of You I own this book; it's highlighted, underlined, crammed with notebook pages of my own notes. It's full of exercises and steps to get you where you want to be in your business, whether it's owning your own store, or the business of blogging, or anything!
2. A to Zoe I love this book for many reasons; it's a great coffee table book, it's by an intelligent and iconic stylist, and goes over anything and everything you could need to know about dressing for various events and curating the perfect wardrobe.
3. Writing for the Fashion Business This book was recquired reading for my college degree, yet it's something I go back to time and time again and definitely suggest to anyone who takes writing for their blog seriously, or has aspirations of becoming a fashion writer.
4. Alexa Chung's IT This book is SO NEW to the market, yet has come with some great reviews. A collection of photos, blurbs, and stories about the iconic "it" girl is inspiration enough for any blogger coveting the "it" factor.
5. Fashion of the 20th Century Another great coffee table book, this one is for the blogger who is visually stimulated, as it covers 100+ apparel ads spanning the history of fashion.
6. Man Repeller: Seeking Love, Finding Overalls As a long time follower of the musings of Leandra behind Man Repeller, I was super stoked when she wrote a book. One of my favorite things about her blog was her way with words; her whitty rhetoric, her uncanny ability to perfectly use SAT level verbs to describe fashion, and her effortless analogies. While I have yet to pick this baby up, I need to. And so does every blogger you know!
7. The TeenVogue Handbook This book is perfect for the fashionista in your life who has yet figured out her niche, or where she wants to go within the industry. I bought this book in college when I was at that level, and the in depth descriptions of the positions and jobs within the fashion industry helped give me a better overall view of the business, as well as helping me hone in on my favorite aspects.
8. The Fashion Book Dictionary-like, this mini-book offers basic information about iconic designers and fashion terminology alphabetically. The cover and size also makes it a great reference book to keep on your desk or night stand! There's also a heftier, larger version available perfect for the coffee table!
9. Fifty Dresses that Changed the World If your blogger wants to run the world with the air of sartorial intelligence, knowledge of the iconic fashions is necessary. This book will show what it takes to make a stand out piece and to be inspired by the greats.
10. Lauren Conrad's Style Another celebrity penned book, this one talks about style basics, proportion, and how to dress for both the 'burbs and the city life. Probably my all time favorite celeb book.
11. Lauren Conrad's Beauty LC can do no wrong; she always looks flawless, which is why she's been on our radar for so long. I mean, do I really need to be the one to tell you how long its been since Laguna Beach was on the airwaves? Instead, read this book and take beauty tips from the gorgeous star.
12. Born to Blog Not yet in my position, but a book I've skimmed through before and love. It's great for those just beginning to ponder blogging for fun or to make it a business. Born to Blog offers easy steps with thorough explaining to help you get off on the right foot.
13. Vogue The Covers Last but not least, every blogger would love this iconic book of inspiration. Whether for their bookshelf, desk, or coffee table this book showcases over 120 years worth of fashion history, beginning from the days when Vogue was merely sketches and Sears ads.
Do you own any of these books? What do you think of my picks for your blogger this season!?